Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hear me, O God

Life is kinda funny..." NOT!" Especially when I have my self will in my head going in one direction. And then suddenly everything gets turned around. "WOW" What did I just hear? Is that the attack of SELF PITY again rearing it's OH SO UGLY HEAD? I was so not expecting that ugly demon spirit to show up. Reading my devotional today, I thought I was covered by divine protection of being attacked spiritually. I was reading how King David was praying to God, he said, "Hear me, O God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy. When I read that this morning, I literally breezed over it, I did not take the scripture to heart. I just went on to the next verse, and kept going till I was done. I was not prepared for the day, not really. During transitional times in life I'm starting to think, I better not think. I should never lean to my own understanding. I've got to only depend on God for EVERYTHING. Once I start to do stuff in my own power that is when I'm left wide open for the enemy to attack. I will study, I will praise, I will confess, God is always there to here my prayer. REMEBERING... Satan will tempt us and appeal to our self will in effort to make us useless for the Lord. PART TWO A.M. DEVOTIONAL, Jesus heals a demon possessed boy. Jesus comes up to His other disciples and a crowd of people and some teachers of the law, during an argument, when they see Jesus they are filled with wonder and run up to greet him.( I ask myself, when I'm having my devotions is my heart really in it? Am I filled with wonder? Do I run to greet Jesus with a heart of expectancy?) Jesus asked what they were arguing about.( Jesus is asking me what is the problem in my life) A man came up to Jesus and told him about his demon possessed son( Do I really tell Jesus what is going on inside my head?)( He needs me to tell Him, this is how my faith will grow) describing what the demon would do to the poor boy, The father of the boy told Jesus, that this Demon robbed the boy of his speech( they can cause us to say things that we shouldn't, or think words that should not be spoken), it would seize him,( have you ever felt grasped by evil thoughts or felt captured by wrong motives?) throw him to the ground,( do you ever just feel beat up like you've been pushed to the ground to grovel?) made him foam at the mouth,( physical attacks) it would gnash his teeth together,(physical pain) it made him become rigid,(stressed out) it would on occasion try to throw him in the water or fire to kill him.(tripping or falling like you've lost your balance for no good reason) This evil demon was very strong,( Sometimes, It can feel like the evil demon spirits, if they were aloud, would possess us too if they had permission, they can only harass us from the outside, but that feels bad enough when it is happening. Christians are being attacked on many levels when evil spirits are battling us from the unseen world) "The disciples could not cast it out," The boys father said to Jesus" I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not." O UNBELIEVING GENERATION,"Jesus replied "HOW LONG SHALL I STAY WITH YOU? HOW LONG SHALL I PUT UP WITH YOU? BRING THE BOY TO ME." So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. he fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth. Jesus asked the boys father "HOW LONG HAS HE BEEN LIKE THIS?" " From childhood," he answered." It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us. 'IF YOU CAN?' said Jesus. "EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE FOR HIM WHO BELIEVES." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" (Trust and Confidence is an ATTITUDE, that the bible calls Belief or Faith) It's not something we can obtain without help. Faith is a gift from God, no matter how much faith we have, we never reach the point of being self sufficient. Faith is not stored away like money in the bank. Growing in faith is a constant process of daily renewing our trust in Jesus. So next time I have my devotions, I will have them with the correct attitude of confidence and trust believing in faith that God will make all things possible for me and he will take care of the evil influences that oppress me.

No comments:

Post a Comment